A critical synthesis of research literature on the process of organizational change at the institutional level is needed because higher education is being asked to be responsive to an ever-changing environment.
This work focuses on providing the reader several key insights into the change process by:
(1) presenting a common language for organizational change;
(2) describing the multidisciplinary research base on change;
(3) highlighting the distinct characteristics of higher education institutions and how this might influence the change process;
(4) reviewing models/concepts of organizational change derived within higher education, comparing and contrasting different approaches; and
(5) providing principles for change based on a synthesis of the research within higher education.
The Resource Library is a compendium of tools and resources selected specifically for the Accelerating Opportunity initiative. You can navigate the Resource Library by topic, or by key word (or tag).